December 31, 2018
What a Year! A 2018 Recap for fairechild
Wow! What a year! Before jumping into a new year, I like to take a moment to look back and take stock of the closing year. This has been a big one - from dreams on paper to reality - fairechild is out there going on adventures with kids all across Canada, United States and the world. 2017 was a year of writing business plans and researching the perfect material and fit. 2018 was the year that everything came alive, and did it ever come alive.
Thank you to everyone who has been along this journey with us. A journey not just to deliver high performing outerwear for kids, but a journey to create real positive change in the fashion industry. So, without further ado, here are some highlights from 2018!
- fairechild CEO and Founder Tabitha Osler, was invited to present at TEDxNSCAD in January 2018. She spoke about sustainable fashion and the journey she went on to do more good, not just less bad. You can watch that video here.
- fairechild launches their online shop and first collection in April 2018!
- We hosted the first ever Fashion Revolution Week event in Nova Scotia. We partnered with the Discovery Centre to talk to kids about the journey their clothes go on to get to them.
- fairechild won the first ever FedEX Canada Small Business Grant in June 2018! This amazing win came with a $25,000 prize, business and marketing consulting, and the production of this video where Tabitha spoke to how she is at the forefront of change in the fashion industry.
- All the press! fairechild definitely created a buzz. We garnered the attention of local, national and international press - From Chronicle Herald, The Coast, Milk Magazine, Eco Parent Magazine, Maple Magazine, Luna and more!