We’re champions of the circular economy, transforming waste into a resource by creating high-performance adult and kids outerwear from recycled plastic bottles. fairechild is leading by example, designing recycled clothing that supports a deeper connection to nature, rather than causing harm.
All of our garments are environmentally friendly and designed in Canada. Our small-batch approach to production reduces overstock and is hand crafted in our studio in Dartmouth, Nova Scotia, Canada.
We work with innovative German manufacturers to create our sustainable fabric, a high-performance textile called Sympatex that’s made from 100% recycled plastic bottles. We use recycled brass and thread, the snaps have an eco-friendly coating and our finishing details are sustainably sourced in Europe.
The production process is also more ecological, using 60% less energy and 94% less water, compared to oil-based polymers. The end result is a waterproof, breathable material that contains no harmful chemicals.
Unlike many outerwear brands, we’re diverting waste from landfills and the garments are themselves recyclable. After many years of loving wear, fairechild products can be returned though our Recycling Program to ensure the materials are reused.
fairechild outerwear encourages a deeper connection to nature, using eco-friendly production methods that ensure a happy planet for today's families and future generations. If we work together, we can turn the tide!
- Used PET plastic bottles are collected, broken down and transformed into a fibre called rPET
- The yarn is woven into a sustainable fabric called Sympatex, using innovative production methods that reduce CO2 emissions by 32%
- Our manufacturer creates a three-layer bonded fabric that’s waterproof, lightweight and breathable
- The finished material is shipped to Nova Scotia and Poland where the garments are handmade
- fairechild outerwear is lovingly worn for many years and handed down
- At the end of the garments life, the materials are reused through our Recycling Program